I don't mean to sound ungrateful for the help we received from our parents (my parents were here for 1 week and Sam's for 2 weeks), it was nice to have some breaks to get out or take a nap. However, in the time we've been spending as a nuclear family, it's been really great bonding. I am impressed with myself for being able to tell that his squawks from his bassinet/crib/swing are just his bad-dream squawks and he's not really awake. I've also been able to tell which squawks that indicate a wet diaper. I read that crying is a late-sign for hunger, so I'm sorry we let you (Cruz) cry those first few weeks.
Sam gave Cruz a bottle last night, which gave me some extra sleeping time and it was wonderful. More of that will be happening, now that Cruz is 4 weeks and a champion nurser. Yep, it's been 4 weeks already!

No comments:
Post a Comment