5.26.2011
A Tale of Two Titties
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I mostly just wanted to write that & the title, but I'll do a whole blog.
Cruz is turning 5 months old and I've had a frustrating month of distracted eating. The doctor warned this would happen. At 4 months, babies are very interested in the world around them and concentrating on eating isn't top priority. This is my first indicator that Cruz is growing up and doesn't only need his Momma.
It's a weird feeling because there were days I loathed being THE ONE that meant everything to Cruz, now he's been taught (& loves) to bottle-feed, which is easier than nursing. I'm left saying, "You don't want these???"
I actually have enjoyed the middle of the night feedings because he actually nurses well, eyes closed, just wanting to fill his belly.
Lately, we've been giving him a formula bottle before bed. He chugs it down and knocks right out. I'm a bit envious of the formula because I can't do that to him anymore.
I'll keep following Cruz's cues when it comes to nursing. If we can at least keep it up for one more month, he'll soon move on to rice cereal and other delicious purees.
He's a curious, growing boy and a Momma couldn't be happier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment