Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

12.09.2011

11 Month Switch

At 11 months, it's as if something immediately changed in Cruz. Similiarly to when he started crawling and we were amazed at all of the things he began to do, at 11 months, he wanted to go to bed at 7:30pm, he started playing with the blocks and shapes, he understands how to put objects together, and he's able to feed himself more successfully. Nothing is perfect, he still sometimes cries when we put him in his crib and I'm sure we'll find Cheerios all over the place for years, but we can't get over how quickly our little man has grown up.

Around Thanksgiving, he was really into waving and saying "bye-bye" to people. He loves being chased around. At daycare, his buddy Oliver chases him, and at home, Sam & I, and his grandpas have fun chasing him.

With the One Year milestone looming, it's incredible to think of what the last year's journey has been. Remembering the bleary eyes of middle of the night feedings, plopping Cruz on those nursing pillows, smelling like sour milk...

I miss his breath. When he was really little and he'd go into his leche-induced coma, he'd be close to me with his sweet breath. Now he has 4 teeth on top, 3 on the bottom, and his breath smells like the solids he's eating: sweet potatoes, bananas, and his favorite cheese puffs. I'm excited for him to turn 1 because he's going to love all the new experiences. I'm excited for Sam to be able to do more with his son - it's hard being a dad of a breastfed baby. I keep waxing on about the future but he's still 11 months. This weekend Novali & Cruz are getting pictures with Santa. I'm most excited about these new Christmas traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment