Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

2.17.2012

Nursing Update

Cruz is still nursing in the a.m. and p.m. and during the night when he sleeps with us. For a while he had been sleeping on his own, but waking at 5am, 5:30am, or 6am. However, he recently was diagnosed with an ear infection and I think that has gotten him in bed with us for most of the night. I stopped pumping at work when the Indiana Milk Bank said they wouldn't accept breast milk from a child whom was 1 year old. I guess the milk is just so different. So the bottles, bottle rack, and pumping supplies are boxed up and put away. I do not miss cleaning that stuff when I get home after work! (I'm sure Sam agrees) Cruz will be 14 months at the end of February and we'll see where it goes from there. I've been hoping that he self-weans so we'll see. (We go to Florida in April and I'm hoping he'll still be nursing then in the event we have an airplane meltdown) Right now he's cognizant enough to know where he nurses and sometimes tugs on my shirt. Oh Cruz!

No comments:

Post a Comment