Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

10.19.2012

Bedtime Routine

I appreciate the easy-to-go-to-bed phase so much more now that I know it's not a sure thing.  After the travels and visitors of September, there was a week (or two?) when Cruz was not sleeping well.  I also blame those two-year-molars that are bothing him.

The temperatures changed and Grammie got him some new footie pajamas.  To get him excited about clothing I like to point out the 'characters' on his apparel.  On the footie pajamas, there are eyes and mouths on the feet (he calls them "Feet") and we tell them "Hi" and "Bye" if they're coming on or off.

He likes to brush his teeth, and since going to the dentist, we've been trying to teach him to spit.  He calls tooth paste, "Pit".  Then we read books. I try to change them up every so often, but he has favorites like Brown Bear Brown Bear What do you see? --- Cowboy Small--- Goodnight Moon --- Llama Llama Nighty Night

After books we go to his room and sing songs.  We sing Twinkle Twinkle --- Itsy Bitsy Spider --- Baa Baa Black Sheep --- ABCs --- Row Row Row Your Boat.  If he's in the mood he may sing along, but sometimes his eyes are already rolling in the back of his head as Sam & I sing.  (It's hilarious to hear Cruz sing these songs as he's playing, and daycare was impressed that Cruz knew his ABC's, well, his speech-version)

With a "Nite-Nite, Cruz" we put him in his crib, and shut the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment