Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

10.01.2010

27 weeks and a head of cauliflower

Babycenter.com is the maternity website du jour and when you subscribe to it, it sends weekly updates with examples of your progress. Our baby Lemon's size has been compared to everything from a kumquat, to a lemon, and now to a head of cauliflower. The examples are always a type of produce, some I've never heard of. The website is fun because it lets you know when the finger prints were forming, when hair is growing, and for Lemon, when testicles are coming down...a process that takes 2-3 days. If you're like me and you get annoyed reading the baby books, the website gives a quick snapshot as to what's happening.

Sam's new nickname for Lemon is "Kickpuncher." (Kickpuncher is the fictional movie on NBC's Community) I wish we had a home ultrasound machine so I could see what he's doing. Sometimes I can envision a mishevious little boy pushing the limits to see when he'll get in trouble, but then I brush it off as he's just testing his limbs and seeing what happens. I think he knows when water aerobics is, because he's very active right before, and then water aerobics puts him to sleep. He stays very active during yoga and thinks it's funniest to "kickpunch" during the meditation portion at the end. He already takes after his daddy, making fun of things like yoga.

September seems like it was a huge growth month. I'm kinda scared to see what the next 3 months will bring. It's possible that Lemon has his dad's headsize or my booty size,(or both!?) he feels huge. Aside from a nagging cold, pregnancy has been going well.

1 comment:

  1. We need to find some pictures from Kickpuncher to post on here... so people know what we are talking about. Ha.

    ReplyDelete