Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

10.15.2010

To Tree or Not To Tree (part 2)


This year, we don't have any Christmas plans because we're planning to be anxiously awaiting Lil' Man Lemon. Family and friends may stop here and there, but probably only once Lemon is born. Matt, Cristy, and Braydi will be in Michigan for the holidays, so I'm hoping I can at least see them - I haven't seen Matt since he got married in October 2009. I should make it a requirement that in order to see the baby, you must bring a casserole, toilet paper, or diapers. (we're not a gold, frankincense, and myrrh type of family)

Whenever Lemon decides to greet the world, Sam & I are going to be pretty busy after that. So the question becomes, Do I even want to mess with a Christmas tree this year? I want to put it up because we bought a new ornament scheme last year and if Lemon is born before Christmas, I'll want his picture in front of the tree. But I don't want to put it all away, so maybe we'll still be celebrating Christmas in July. Yes, I could delegate this to someone, but they need to have skillful organization... The picture also reminded me that I need to have a new stocking made for Lemon. Maybe I'll get "Lemon" embroidered on it so I can continue to torment those who want name hints!

4 comments:

  1. are you doubting my organization skills?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you're pretty good and you don't get psycho like me. Maybe just have Christmas stuff up in living room...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the tree. I felt the same way you did, but trust me, if you love Christmas this much, put up your tree. Besides, this year it will be easy! Lemon won't get into the tree, next year may be a different story (I'll let you know what RSP does when I put mine up). I thought I wouldn't have time to put mine away, but I had plenty of time while Rachel was sleeping to get everything put away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be your Jewish husband over Christmas! No tree, just stockings and a menorah...and I'll wear rubber boots...no S&TC scene with your water breaking on my Manolos! xoxo

    ReplyDelete