Our classes started back up August 22, so our summer hours ended. The local schools started August 25 and Sam started back August 29 with a week full of welcome activities. The end of summer meant Novali would be going back to Chicago for longer periods and as Cruz gets older, he will definitely start noticing her absence.
Cruz is 8 months old and Sam is working diligently on getting Cruz to walk. I'm always amazed when Cruz stands independently and Sam can get him to take baby steps.
He's currently a wriggle-monster. I never knew attempting to put on a diaper would be such a challenge. I'm trying to introduce a chunkier texture to his foods, but I'm worried every time he does a swallow-gag. Lately, he's been sleeping in (only during the week, of course) where rousing him takes a while. Some days he continues to sleep through a morning diaper change, which I actually don't mind (see wriggle monster above). Teething is still a pain. He continues to have his lonely bottom tooth, but spends much of his time with hands in his mouth.
I'm still nursing, and will continue as long as that's working. He's also a usual visitor to our bed. Before I had a baby I thought I wouldn't be an attachment parent, but now that I am, eh. For a while I worried I needed to be doing this and doing that, because "they" say that's what you should do. But I gave up worrying about that stuff and I'll let Cruz nurse when he wants and snuggle when he wants. I always try to remember the saying that you're a happier parent when you quit trying to make them (babies) be in your world, and instead change your life to their world. (this sounded more eloquent wherever I heard it)

I am having the same diaper changing issues - especially after bathtime, but then I just give her a toothbrush to chew on! And yes a toothbrush because she has 5 teeth and you can see the next 3 are ready to come in. Bryn wants a set of chompers like her friend Cole! And as for walking, I keep telling her I will push her down if she walks early (not completely serious!) I want to keep her crawling for as long as possible! And now that she is a speedy crawler, she wants nothing to do with walking while holding our hands. Glad all is well!!
ReplyDelete