Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

9.08.2010

Day Care Quotes

The next thing on my to-do list is day care research. My pregnancy goals have been to complete my to-do list in September and October so I can attempt to be stress-free in November and December.

So I've been coordinating my water aerobics and pre-natal yoga classes, birthing classes, breast-feeding classes, and now I'm focused on having daycare ready to go.

I've contacted a few places and I am touring one on Friday. One of the quotes I received was $200 per week. (I actually thought it would be more) So after touring the facilities and looking at rates I should be able to make a decision. Location, location, location is also something to consider since home is in one direction and work is in another.

IUSB has a child care facility but you have to be 1-year-old, so we're primarily looking for a place for Lemon's first year. Notre Dame also provides child care but it is for older toddlers.

So when you break down the $200 per week, 40 hours while I'm at work, it comes to $5 per hour. I usually made $2 per hour as a baby-sitter and that was in the mid-90s. So in the grand scheme it's not too bad, but I probably won't be buying new clothes until the kid(s) are in all-day, free, kindergarten. And even then we'll have to pay for latch-key or something. Do they call it "latch-key" anymore? :)

UPDATE:
Cruz will start going to La Petite Academy beginning March 28, 2011 when I go back to work!

4 comments:

  1. We just got Norah enrolled in daycare for when I return to work. I thought I was going to have a little extra money after I finish my Masters in December and don't have tuition to pay anymore....no such luck. That tuition payment just became the daycare payment. :) Worth it to have her in a safe, clean place everyday though. And yes, they still call it 'latch-key'! I give you props for being so ambitious too, with all of your workouts! I could never get up the energy! We just got an eliptical though, so back at it I go! Trying to get ready for that wedding in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should ask your parents' next-door neighbor if you can pop into the high school ballet class when they are doing the really long warm-up. I want my mom to tape herself doing it so I can work on it at home. I feel like I need a really good stretch! Take Greg with you, the last time he danced all crazy at a wedding he really hurt himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever get her to tape that warm-up, I want a copy, too! (Cheryl)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start selling plasma to cover daycare... whew....

    ReplyDelete